The daily woodturning blog.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Works in progress
More work on the Oak Burl set today. The core was remounted, turned true, a tenon turned, and then the blank was cored again.
I repeated the process 1 more time and I ended up with 4 bowls total. I should end up with a 5th bowl as I have a small cutoff I cut off the side of the blank before I started turning. It won't go with this set, but will be from the same blank.
The largest is just under 14" diameter, they step down from there, the smallest is about 4" diameter.
I also remounted and trued up the outside of the Eucalyptus burl I cored the bottom off of the other day.
This one has a ton of voids. I have to figure out what to do with them and I don't think I can progress much further until I figure out what I'm going to do.