Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 11: Other

Not much turning today, did a seam ripper this morning (violet and teal double-dyed and stabilized Box Elder Burl) and spent time with the kids.  I did haul them over to Woodworkers Source this evening for some sandpaper discs.  I also applied for the Sunnyslope Art Walk set for October 10th.  Crossing my fingers that i get accepted.

After the kids were in bed for the night I took a bunch of photos of some stuff I've finished/been working on lately, some of these are from before this project started.

  Aspen Hollow Form from Day 3.
















Opposite side

















Top view
















Spalted/Curly Maple hollow form from days 4 - 5.
















Opposite side.
















Top view.















Acacia from my friend Kevin.  He gave me this piece shortly after I hurt my hand last year.  I had to wait a couple of months for my hand to heal before I could rough it out.


Quaking Aspen.  The gray color reminds me of newspaper print.
  Cottonwood.  I would have tossed this in the recycle bin if it wasn't for the knot.  The wood was softer than I would have liked.
Eucalyptus Burl from day 6.










Eucalyptus Burl from a couple months ago.  The bowl portion has a round bottom, the rim is only about 1/8"thick.









More Eucalyptus burl, also with  round bottom and a 1/8" thick rim.









Curly Poplar nested set.  This wood was from a large tree being taken out in Idaho last summer.  I wish I'd gotten more of it.









Last piece for today.  Walnut Burl about 17" across on the bigger one.  I got the wood at the meeting in Prescott last year, it came from a vendor that drove over from California.

No comments:

Post a Comment