Thursday, August 25, 2011

1 hour


More work on the pair of hollow forms tonight. I roughed the outside of both pieces in exactly 1 hour, a pretty good time for dry Mesquite. My time was improved because of all the prep work I did last night.









I want these to have a very organic feel, they'll probably end up with round or nearly round bottoms with flowing curves from top to bottom. Inspiration for these shapes can come from nature (seed pods, gourds, raindrops) and from looking at classical forms like Native American pottery.








Based on the profile view I need to tweak the piece on the right. I don't like the straight line from the widest point to the top. It needs more of a concave shape, this will also help close up the opening.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment